It’s National Popcorn Day!!! Are you ready to celebrate?! I am!! And I’m ready with this ooey-gooey version that mixes maple syrup, cayenne paper and bacon! This recipe is super easy to make!! It combines Petit Jean’s Ozark Hickory Smoked Bacon, maple syrup and my secret ingredient: cayenne pepper. SO.GOOD!! Definitely a popcorn recipe to add to your kitchen recipe arsenal. ESPECIALLY to all you bacon lovers out there!!
- ¼ cup popcorn kernels
- 5-6 slices of Petit Jean Ozark Hickory Smoked Bacon, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Grapeseed Oil
- ½ cup of Maple Syrup (if you don't have maple syrup on hand, use Waffle Syrup and add in a 1 teaspoon of Maple Flavoring to boost the maple flavor)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot.
- Cook the bacon pieces until nice and crispy.
- Remove bacon pieces from pan and set-aside to drain.
- Take a tablespoon of the bacon grease out of the pot and pour into a small saucepan.
- Add in the maple syrup (and flavoring if needed) and the cayenne pepper. Stir to combine and heat through.
- While the sauce is heating, add one popcorn kernel into the pan and cover with a lid.
- Once it pops, add in the remaining popcorn kernels and cover.
- Gently shake the pot back and forth to keep the kernals/popcorn from burning. (This part is a workout, but important!)
- Once the popping sound reduces to about 1 pop every 2 seconds, remove from the heat and transfer the popcorn into a large bowl.
- Add in the bacon and gently stir to combine.
- Spray a spatula with cooking spray to keep the maple syrup from sticking as you stir it in.
- Slowly drizzle the syrup over the popcorn/bacon mixture and stir to combine.
- (Probably eat with a spoon! This one is ooey-gooey!!)
And there you have it! The perfect National Popcorn Day recipe…Maple Bacon Popcorn!
Taylor Bradford is the owner/editor of PinkHeelsPinkTruck.com, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on fashion, beauty, fitness, food/cocktails, blogging tips/tricks, crafts/DIY and books. She is the Community Director of the Texas Women Bloggers, the founder and co-host of an online book club called the #LiteraryJunkies and a co-founder/creator of the #NOEXCUSES™ Fitness Series. Adding to the list of endeavors, she’s got a Vintage Rental biz with her bestie, Vintage Sparkle Rentals and also now calls herself a podcaster with the Boss Girl Creative Podcast. She is a shoe lover, fitness-guru, book hoarder, and wanna-be-fashionista. She calls Texas home, Chai Tea Latte’s her go-to drink and time spent with her hubby and friends music to her soul. She loves all things pink, vintage and sparkly! Her motto in life: Roll out your own red carpet and keep your big girl panties pulled up high.