Special thanks to The Park Wife, Stephanie Buckley for sharing this Shrimp Bacon Sliders with Sweet Mustard Sauce recipe with us.
Super Bowl Sunday at our house is much more than what teams are playing, the halftime show, the commercials, and cheering when our team scores. It’s about combining the biggest football game of the year with delicious food and good friends.
Tackling game day festivities can be a large task, so you need a game plan. And, every game plan needs bacon. One of my main dishes for this year’s fun-filled get together is Shrimp Bacon Sliders. They are easy to make, filling, and hit the spot (even when our quarterback can’t hit his target with a ten foot pole).
- 1 24 ounce bag extra large shrimp, thawed
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, sliced and sautéed
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 slices (at least) Petit Jean Hickory Smoked Bacon
- Salt and pepper
- 12 large rolls
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- Let’s sauté the onions - Preheat 2 tablespoons butter in medium pan. Thinly slice the onion; sauté in the butter for about 5 minutes, or until clear and cooked.
- Cook the shrimp -Preheat 2 tablespoons butter in large pan. Add the prepared shrimp, swirl to coat. Gently cook the shrimp for about 5 minutes until the color is opaque. Do not overcook.
- Cook the bacon. You can either cook in cast iron skillet or bake in the oven.
- Grab a 9x13 pan. Cut the rolls in half, placing the 12 bottom rolls on the bottom of the pan.
- Layer the cheese, bacon, onions, and 2-3 shrimp on the bottom portion of the rolls. Add the top to the rolls.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the ½ cup butter to a soft boil. Add mustard, Worcestershire, and brown sugar.
- Pour sauce over the 9x13 sandwiches right before baking.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes, Serve hot or cold. Go team!
Stephanie Buckley, aka The Park Wife, is a tribe builder. She is the founder of Arkansas Women Bloggers (ARWB), an online community designed to gather, grow, and connect social media influencers in our state. Considered an old-timer in the blog world, since 2005 she has written what she hopes is a love letter to her children on her lifestyle blog, The Park Wife. Raised in the debutante world of Mississippi, she married a hunky park ranger and moved to Arkansas 15 years ago and has fallen in love with the state. She loves gardening, porch swings, a beautifully set table, a delicious meal surrounded by great conversations, their cabin in the woods and monogramming everything that is not nailed down. She is a devoted wife and fun-loving, homeschool mom to two extraordinarily cool little gentlemen and is fortunate enough to live on one of Arkansas’s premier state parks.
Stephanie is a member of the Petit Jean Meats Blue Diamond Club, a group of dedicated ambassadors who share their love of Petit Jean Meats with the world.