Happy National Waffle Day!!! Today I’m sharing inspiration from one of my favorite Brunch spots in Fort Worth of Magnolia Avenue…Brewed. I recently tried their Bacon Belgian Waffles and was instantly in love. I knew I wanted to recreate them for the PJ Eats blog, so that’s exactly what I’ve done. Belgian waffles are a little more sweet than your regular waffle. I think that’s what helps elevate this dish. Plus you cannot go wrong with bacon, right?! Sweet Belgian waffles studded with crispy bacon pieces, rich Nutella ganache and an Espresso Whipped Cream to top them off. Get out a glass of milk because you are going to need it!!
- For the Waffles:
- Favorite Belgian Waffle Mix (make the 5-6 option)
- 5 pieces of crumbled Petit Jean Bacon
- Extra crumbled bacon for garnish
- For the Nutella ganache:
- ¾ c. Nutella 1/3
- ⅔ cup heavy cream (start with ⅓ cup and add more if needed)
- For the Espresso Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream 1/8 cup powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 tsp. instant espresso (take 1 Tablespoon of instant espresso powder & mix with 1 teaspoon of water)
- Make the waffles as instructed and stir in the crumbled bacon. Let rest while the waffle iron is heating up. Pour waffle batter on waffle iron and follow manufacturers directions.
- Nutella ganache:
- In a double boiler, heat nutella and heavy cream over medium heat.
- Whisk to combine as it’s warming up, until nice a smooth.
- Turn heat down.
- Expresso Whipped Cream:
- Chill a metal bowl for 30 minutes.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Add in the sugar and 1-2 teaspoons of the instant espresso (2 teaspoons if you love espresso).
- Mix until combined.
- Assembling your waffles:
- Layer your waffles with some of the Nutella Ganache in between.
- Top with a large dollop of Espresso Whipped Cream and some crumbled bacon.
Want another Waffle recipe? Hop over to my blog and find a Pumpkin Bacon Belgian Waffle recipe perfect for fall!!
Taylor Bradford is the owner/editor of PinkHeelsPinkTruck.com, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on fashion, beauty, fitness, food/cocktails, blogging tips/tricks, crafts/DIY and books. She is the Community Director of the Texas Women Bloggers, the founder and co-host of an online book club called the #LiteraryJunkies and a co-founder/creator of the #NOEXCUSES™ Fitness Series. Adding to the list of endeavors, she’s got a Vintage Rental biz with her bestie, Vintage Sparkle Rentals and also now calls herself a podcaster with the Boss Girl Creative Podcast. She is a shoe lover, fitness-guru, book hoarder, and wanna-be-fashionista. She calls Texas home, Chai Tea Latte’s her go-to drink and time spent with her hubby and friends music to her soul. She loves all things pink, vintage and sparkly! Her motto in life: Roll out your own red carpet and keep your big girl panties pulled up high.